Beauty: The Perfect Brows
The quest to achieve the perfect brows is not an easy one! It takes time and patience and a little professional help 😉 So I am absolutely delighted to have pro make up artist and brow expert Aimee O Farrell from The Beauty Game join us as our latest guest blogger.
I’ve been a tad lazy when it comes to my brows lately, so Aimee has now taken over and we will be sharing my ‘brow’ update on the blog here over the coming weeks so keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, Aimee has composed her top tips and top buys for achieving the perfect brow! Any topics you want Aimee cover? Just drop us a mail on email@example.com
“You must never underestimate the power of an eyebrow.” Jack Black
I agree with Naomi; all us women are on the quest to achieve the perfect brow. Whether they are dark, light, thick or thin, we all have them and it’s all about making the most out of what we have. It takes some time and patience but stick with it and you will get the brows you want 😉 I’ve compiled my top tips to get you started.
Top Tips for Achieving Perfect Brows
- Eyebrows are sisters, not twins. Don’t get too hung up on having them perfectly symmetrical.
- Get your brows professionally shaped approx. every 4 weeks. As tempting as it is, do not tweeze any hairs yourself between appointments. This will help your brow consultant get the best shape in the quickest possible time.
- For brows that need some help to grow, apply a few drops of coconut oil or Vitamin E oil every night to stimulate the hair growth.
- Filling your brows is the number one secret to getting that perfect look. Fill in your eyebrows by following the diagram below. It is so simple to follow and will give your brows a fabulous arch and really open your eyes.
- Invest in a decent brow brush for filling; trust me, it will be worth it.
Best Products to Use
I often get asked what the best eyebrows products are to use so I’ve rounded up my top picks, whatever your budget!
Brow zings by Benefit, €34 Shop here
This is a bestseller and for good reason too; it is really easy to use and comes in 3 shades, light, medium and dark. It also comes with two brushes and a tweezers. Yes, a little on the pricey side, but it will last you ages. (This is what Naomi uses).
Smashbox Brow trio, €21.50 Shop here
The Smashbox Brow Trio is great value and comes in 4 shades. Blonde, Auburn, Brunette and Dark Brown. It is very easy to customise your brow shade with this one.
Sleek Brow Kit, €10.99 Shop here
Without a doubt one the best ‘dupes’ on the market. The Sleek brow pallet is great for someone on a budget but still wants fierce brows. It is a wax and powder duo that comes in 4 shades. Light, dark, extra dark and black.
Hope you enjoyed
Aimee is a freelance make up artist and brow expert. Aimee has serval years experience in the beauty industry and is currently Brow Bar manager in Benefit Cosmetics. She is qualified in make up, HD brows, spray tan, shellac and gelish. To make an appointment with Aimee or to see some of her previous work check out her Facebook page “The Beauty Game” here. Getting married? Aimee also specialises in wedding make up and is available now for trials.