Outfit Diaries: Summer Vibes
I did a really fun outfit shoot over the weekend wearing another look from Chicwish. If you missed my first outfit post featuring Chicwish you can see it here. It rained pretty much all day Saturday so the shoot had to be postponed until Sunday and thankfully for us, the sun shone all day, so much so, it almost felt like summer 🙂
The outfit I styled for this shoot screams summer, it’s such a fun, flirty dress that I can see myself getting lots of wear out of over the summer months!
The moment I saw this dress from Chicwish I just knew it was so ‘me’; this shape of dress suits me because I am classic pear shape, meaning I am larger on the bottom half than the top, so this dress cinches me in and the waist (smallest part for most pears) and then kicks out over my hips. I love this little white belt that comes with the dress, a belt is always great for highlighting your waist.
I’m also a total sucker for a kick out dress (and a full skirt as you know!!), all I wanted to do was twirl in this dress and yes… I did!!! 😉 There’s also a really distinctive 1950’s vibe to this dress which I love. I adore the feminine silhouettes of the 50’s!
I styled this dress with white pointy toe heels, (see mine here). I’ve been dying to get my hands on some white heels as I think they’ll be great with jeans and a blazer over the summer months. And rather than just a plain white clutch, I thought this clutch from New Look (see it here) complemented the dress perfectly!
I think this would be such a fabulous look for a summer wedding, or even the races! If you didn’t want to style it with white heels, nude heels would work perfectly too and would pick up on that nude tone in the dress. Chicwish have a really great selection of skirts and dresses that are all that bit unique and ideal for a summer occasion! I have my eye on this dress (wow!!) and this one. Both are so glam!
Since I featured Chicwish I’ve had lots of emails from you about them, mainly with regard to 1) quality 2) sizing 3) delivery times 4) customs so I wanted to address all your questions in this post.
Key Information about Chicwish
- I have now ordered quite a bit from Chicwish and I have always had a really positive experience with them and I have always been super impressed with the quality of the clothes. I can’t emphasise that part enough, when this dress arrived, I was blown away! Now, do keep in mind you are not paying designer prices, you are paying highstreet prices so expect quality you would from other highstreet stores.
- It is SO IMPORTANT to check the size guide before you order anything from Chicwish. It shows you a table of their sizes in UK sizes. This dress is I am wearing here is a size ‘M’ and I would call it a size 10 / 12. In terms of length, I am 5 foot 7.
- Information on delivery from Chicwish can be viewed here. Delivery (and particular if you opt for their free delivery option) is slower and by slow I mean it can take up to 3 weeks. So it’s not like some UK stores we might be sued to ordering from. There are options to pay for faster delivery if you need something sooner. See here. I have never had to return anything but more info on that is available here.
- I have never been charged customs with an order from Chicwish, I can only share my personal experience.
I finished this look with a cropped jacket from Topshop, my one is now sold out 🙁 BUT there is a really similar option available in New Look, see it here.
SHOP MY LOOK
Hope you enjoyed this post 🙂
‘Til next time
- My hair is by Gold Fever hair extensions. You can find out more about Gold Fever by visiting their website here.
- This look was shot using the Canon Powershot SX600 HS. You can learn more about this camera by visiting the Canon Ireland website here