Top of the Crops
There is just no hiding from it – The crop top is big news, and the look isn’t going anywhere fast!
The idea of flashing the flesh sends shivers done the spine of most of us Irish ladies. BUT… It doesn’t have to be that way! By getting the right crop top and wearing it with the right outfit , it can be a really chic, stylish look, suitable for even the most timid of you fashionistas!
If you’ve got abs of steal then you have nothing to fear! But for the rest of us mere mortals, the key is rocking the trend without baring toooo much skin.
1. Opt for a longer length crop top. You don’t need to go for the bralet styles which end just below the bust, there are lots of options out there that end further down on the torso. Or those that just skim the top of your waistband.
2. Always wear the crop top with higher waisted bottoms – high waisted trousers, palazzo pants, pencil skirts or full, midi style skirts all look super stylish with a crop top.You only need to show a glimpse of skin to make this work.
3. To keep the eye and the focus away from that flashing skin, pop on a chunky statement necklace to complete the look!
Street Style Inspiration
Here are a few of our favourites crop tops in stores now
1. This simple black crop top from Mango (at ASOS) is ideal, it’s not too short at the front and goes up slightly at the back. Perfect for pairing with a high waisted, full, midi skirt or sharp black cigarette pants.
2. This nude crop top from ASOS is ideal for those who don’t want to show too much skin but still embrace the trend. This looser style crop top would look great worn with a tight, high waisted pencil skirt, some killer heels and a chunky gold neckpiece! This top also comes in blue and pink!
3. Why not introduce some print! This stunning crop top also from ASOS would look smokin’ worn with high waisted black skinny jeans or tailored cigarette pants!
4. This vibrant pink t-shirt style crop top from Miss Selfridge is a more relaxed take on the look – Wear this with high waisted denims or a maxi skirt! To keep it casual, pop on a denim jacket over it! To dress it up, there is a matching pink skort in Miss Selfridge that would look stunning with this top!
5. This long sleeved crop jumper top from River Island would look super chic worn with a high waisted printed pencil skirt. Pop on a beaded or gold chunky necklace and this would be fab! The long sleeves give you that extra coverage, so you may be fleshing a glimpse of flesh but you won’t feel over exposed!
Want to come shopping with us?
Are you stuck in a style rut? Does your wardrobe need an update? Not sure where to start? Let us help!!
We offer a wide range of personal shopping and styling services, with prices starting at only €50!! Whether you want to try our Face-to- Face Personal Shopping (read more about it here) or if you are stuck for time then try our unique Virtual Personal Shopping Service, starting at only €50 (Read more here)
For more information or to make an appointment email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Til next time
The Style Fairy xx