One4all launch "Shop4Crumlin"
From 9th May – 17th May, gift card company, One4all launch a new campaign called Shop4Crumlin. This is a week- long initiative encouraging people to dig out their One4all gift cards and know that while they are spending them they are also donating to a great cause, CMRF Crumlin; the principle fundraising body for Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin.
From 9th May – 17th May, if you make a purchase using your One4all Gift Card in any of their 6,000 retail outlets nationwide or online, One4all will donate .50c to CMRF Crumlin. Also, if you spend your One4all gift card in Brown Thomas, Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, Arnotts, or Life Style Sports during that week, the retailer will also donate another .50c to CMRF Crumlin, bringing the total donation to €1 every time your One4all Gift Card is spent.
The money raised for CMRF Crumlin through Shopper’s Week will go towards much needed improvements in the radiology department at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin. Part of the funds raised will also go to “The Giggle Fund”, a fund that the hospital departments use to put a smile on the face of a sick child. Whether that is in the form of a little present for children who are in the hospital for their birthday or an impromptu party to celebrate Halloween, the Giggle Fund is operated across the hospital for all patients.
My Lust List
To raise awareness of this, One4all has challenged me to create my ultimate “Lust List” of my top ten items under €100 using One4all retailers and specifically those retailers I mentioned above who will offer that extra 50 cent per purchase to CMRF Crumlin!
Shop my Lust List
1. Marks & Spencer, €72
2. Nike at Lifestyle Sports, €85
3. Ted Baker at Debenhams, €100
4. Michael Kors at Brown Thomas, €89
5. Jo Malone at Brown Thomas, €84
6. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson at Debenhams, €67.50
7. Regatta at Lifestyle Sports, €35
8. Kurt Geiger at Arnotts, €99
9. Chanel at Debenhams, €88
10. Marks & Spencer, €65
According to the One4all Shop4Crumlin research, 90% spend up to €200 each month on clothes. 1 in 5 of us indulge in some retail therapy once a week and proving that some people find shopping therapeutic, 60% of those polled say they go shopping to cheers themselves up! The survey also revealed that:
- 87% say they love shopping
- 46% say it’s a hobby
- Two thirds (67%) say they are more likely to purchase something if it’s supporting a cause
- 74% give unwanted clothes to charity
- 1 in 5 (21%) shop for new clothes every week, 38% shop once a month
- 90% spend up to €200 per month on clothes
- 70% say they try and justify their purchases to themselves
- I’ll get loads of wear out of it is as our number one excuse to justify shopping
- 78% usually treat themselves to something new when they reach a milestone
- 60% use shopping to cheer themselves up
For further information on Shop4Crumlin visit www.one4all.ie
‘Til next time