River Island Spring/Summer 2015
I popped into River Island today to have a sneak peak at what’s coming into stores for Spring/ Summer 2015. To say I am impressed is an understatement!!!! I just loved the collection, and can’t wait to get my hands on it!
Some new season stock is already online and in stores, with the rest starting to come in February and March.
You are in for a treat, because I was really really impressed with what I saw today!!
Some of the key trends appearing across the collection include;
Key Trends for Spring/ Summer 2015
- A very obvious nod to the 70’s – Think flared jeans, fringing, kimonos and floppy hats
- Lots and of fab pastels, particularly lilac (my favourite colour), lemons and blues
- Separates are a key look again this season, so skirts and matching tops/ trousers and tops etc as opposed to dresses – With the crop top and high waisted skirt being a big look again (yaay!)
- Flared jeans and wide leg palazzo pants are a big look and our bet is, by the end of the summer we will ALL be rocking them!!
- Nautical is another huge trend, with navy and white strips, gold buttoned blazers and white jeans all featuring in the collection
- White is big news again this coming spring/ summer and interestingly so is black! Particularly both black and white combined, in strong graphic prints
- Strong, vibrant florals feature heavily like most spring/ summer collections while lace and embellishments also play a role
- Lots of gorgeous denim too (you’d expect nothing less from River Island), with the ‘mom’ jean and ripped or distressed jeans being 2 key denim trends
- Printed and slogan tees also feature heavily
I for one, can’t wait for the new season and to get my hands on some of this collection! To check out which new pieces are already in store, visit their site here. Here are just some of my favourite pieces:
The Style Fairy’s Best Buys
Want to go shopping with The Style Fairy?
To find out more about personal shopping trips with me, or to learn more about our wardrobe detox service just email me on email@example.com
‘Til next time